- Make a Duchess mixture.
- Roll them into croquette shapes about 2" x 4" in diameter.
- Take each croquette roll in flour, then beaten egg and finally breadcrumbs.
- Set aside until they are all prepared.
- If necessary, use a palette knife to remould them back into shape.
- Deep fry in hot fat at 185C until they are an even light golden color all over.
- Drain well on kitchen paper, and serve in a vegetable dish.
To make a Duchess mixture:
- Boil your potatoes.
- Drain and allow to dry off.
- Either use a potato ricer or a masher to mash your potatoes up.
- Add one egg for every 1lb (1/2 kg) of potatoes.
- Add butter or margarine at the rate of 1oz per lb of potatoes.
- Beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Adjust seasoning as necessary.